Sunday, 19 July 2026

Funny Coincidence

 


I was training to take credit card applications with an experienced representative, and we had ourselves a couple of good laughs.

Early in the day, a young lady called in to apply for a card. For her job title, she called herself a freelance dancer. I would have bought that except she did her dancing near Pearson International Airport, just outside of Toronto. That part of Mississauga is well known for its strip clubs. I'm a freelance writer, and you're a freelance dancer. I'll grant you that. Dancing without clothes - you can't get any freer than that. Hey, everyone needs credit cards. Right?

Later that same day, we got a call from some young tough guy. He worked in security. Turns out he was a bouncer in a club in that same area, protecting freelance dancers from drunkards. What are the chances? I told my training partner that it was possible that these two customers had a professional relationship.

The funniest thing is my drunk credit card applicant was from that area, too. I've touched so many parts of their economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Funny Coincidence

  I was training to take credit card applications with an experienced representative, and we had ourselves a couple of good laughs. Early in...