This is a story that just has to be repeated. One of the ladies at work and her mother couldn't figure out right away what had happened when her father came out of the bathroom, gasping and making odd noises. After a short while, they realized he was trying to say something. A while longer, and they figured out he was saying, "I can't feel my tongue." What on earth had the man done to himself?
In the bathroom, they discovered that he had brushed his teeth with A535 instead of toothpaste. I find that hysterically funny for a number of reasons.
First, one summer during my college days, I had a blind roommate who told us that one of the worst things about being blind is that Ben-Gay and toothpaste came in the same kind of tube. He, at least, was more aware of outside stimuli and didn't finish the job.
Secondly, this man is not blind, so he didn't have that excuse, and he did complete his work.
And last, apparently, in his younger days, he looked like Mr. Bean. This should have been in an episode.
I don't know how long it took for his sense of taste to return. Just keep this in mind: Even if A535 were effective in preventing cavities, fighting plaque, and curing gingivitis, it isn't worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment